Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Auroville contd ...


This is the epicenter of the central zone of auroville, the "Matrimandir". This is a zone of peace and tranquility. As can be seen, the place is still under contstruction, and has been for quite a long period of time. The Matrimandir has a central dome in which there is an inner chamber where one can do meditation. In addition, there are multiple rooms called petals (the raised parts that you see climbing a few feet sorrounding the central dome on all sides).
I went to one of the petals, and could see people in meditation over there. For me, I still am not in that mode, and hence even though I could understand the feeling that comes over people, I am not able to share in that feeling.
This is a place that I will want to come to again, taking some time out, maybe in a few years. Let us see whether the vision of the Mother comes to life and a universal township remains in its full glory. If that is that case, then it will be like an ocean of peace in this world.

Want to improve your photos? Buy Photoshop and see how your images come to life. Click to buy.

Want to get tips for improving your photography ? Get Photo Tips from this blog.

0 comments:

Facebook

Subscribe to my feed

FeedRSS