Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Auroville - A place of quiet splendour


This is another view from the Auroville. We were leaving the Matrimandir complex when the sun was setting, and I never can resist a good view of the light show that the morning or evening time presents. The trees against which the sunset is framed sorround the central complex, and I could easily capture the setting sun. It took a few photos to get this one, but I think that this photo worked out fine. I like the way that some of the flares get captured.
When I was leaving, even though I am not one of the ardent believers in the township or the philosophy, I did feel a sense of loss. This is a very quiet and peaceful place, and it does weigh on the soul when one leaves a place like this. However, there was no option. I noted down in my cell phone the exact date on which I had come to this place (Aug 19, 2006) for future reference.

Want to improve your photos? Buy Photoshop and see how your images come to life. Click to buy.

Want to get tips for improving your photography ? Get Photo Tips from this blog.

0 comments:

Facebook

Subscribe to my feed

FeedRSS