Saturday, September 30, 2006

Calcutta's Water Park


Approx an year back, I had gone to Calcutta along with my wife on a short tour. We had gone to visit some of my wife's cousins and were there for only around 3 days. It is difficult to squeeze in too many things in such a short tour. I also wanted to see what are the changes that had happened since I was last in Calcutta (in 1996 end). The road from the airport to the new township of Rajarhat. One could see building and construction everywhere, so things seemed to be looking up. There was quite a bit of emphasis on getting the sunrise sectors (IT, Media, etc) to set up establishments; these tend to have a good effect on the overall economy of the city and by extension, of West Bengal.
As part of the roaming around I did, I was taken to a place called Nicco Park located on the outskirts. There is a big lake over there on which we did boating. There was a very pleasant breeze blowing, and the time spent was very enjoyable. As can be seen from the photo, the weather was overcast at that point of time. I had lots of fun.
The building you can see at the side may look like the Eiffel Tower, although purists would beg to differ. If you do say that it looks like the Eiffel Tower, it is mission accomplished for the owners, since that is exactly what they set out to do.

Want to improve your photos? Buy Photoshop and see how your images come to life. Click to buy.

Want to get tips for improving your photography ? Get Photo Tips from this blog.

0 comments:

Facebook

Subscribe to my feed

FeedRSS